Your computer chair is possibly the single most important item for a healthy working environment.
It is the beginning of a well designed work area.
A chair seat that is too soft, will eventually 'sink in' thus causing you health problems if you continue to use it.
You should get a chair that is properly designed and adjustable so as to be able to provide proper support for your arms, legs, back and buttocks.
You are now ready to purchase your chair. The one that you choose should provide good support for your body; especially your lower back.
- Comes with a heavy duty metal base that swivels 360 degrees.
- It is very comfortable, and is made with a nice breathable back rest.
- Stylish chair that will look good whether used in your home or in your work place.
- It also has adjustable height from 19 to 23 inches.
- This is a very sturdy chair with a weight limit of 250.
Adjustable and Ergonomically Designed Chair:
You should consider the purchase of an adjustable chair since it is an important part in creating a proper ergonomical work area for you.
The chair should be stable and easily adjustable from a seated position. It should provide good support for your body especially your lower back.
Ergonomics and your cheap computer chair
Ergonomics is the science of adjusting your work environment to fit your body and to make it as comfortable as possible. Choosing computer furniture that is ergonomically designed is extremely important for your health and, therefore, highly recommended!
If you weigh significantly more than 250 pounds however you may need a wider and more heavily padded unit.
A chair is not ergonomically designed if it forces the spine to change out of its natural 'S' shape.
When choosing your chair, here are some features of an ergonomically designed chair:
The chair should have a lumbar support. Obtaining adequate lumbar support is the most important feature of a backrest. The newer ergonomically designed chair is built with support for the lumbar spine.
The lumbar support should fit comfortably into the curve of your lower back.
Furmax Mid Back Office Chair Mesh Computer Chair With Flip-Arms - Swivel Task Chair with Ergonomic Headrest and Lumbar Support(Black)
- High back mesh chair is designed for long time working, provide cool and extra comfort to you.
- The high backrest and headrest design ensure proper alignment and support of your spine as well as your neck.
- Featuring reliable ergonomic support.Air layer spine structure back provide extra comfort and cool during your long time working.
- Breathable, lightweight mesh.
- Ergonomic Design - Featuring reliable ergonomic support,Air layer spine structure back provide extra comfort and cool during your long time working.
- Reliable Comfort - Breathable, lightweight mesh use Nanoscale materials can resist transformation, abrasion. large thick pad, soft texture slow down the pressure of the sedentary.
- Adjustable Seating - Easily adjusts to your needs with adjustable armrests, one-touch chair height adjustment, 360 degree swivel and tilt tension.
When purchasing a computer chair with armrests, the height and width adjustments are definitely required. They should be removable and you should be able to adjust the distance between them.
Ensure that they can be moved out of the way when not in use and that they are made of soft material.
They should be able to support your elbows comfortably during breaks.
This is the part of the computer chair that has to support your weight. The width of the seat should be wide enough to fit maximum hip widths.
Some people might find the seat tilting feature of chairs a comfortable feature since it allows for better spinal posture and also, because it helps to alleviate under-knee pressure.
Choose a chair that is height-adjustable. This will enable you to be able to adjust the seat height so that the entire sole of your feet will be able to rest flat on the floor.
This will change the direction of the seat in relation to the floor. A reclined (or tilted) chair will allow some of your upper body weight to be transferred to the backrest of the chair.
Swivel and Casters:
These features enable you to move around in your work area easily.
Chair mats are important to have under your chair. You should protect your floors and carpets from ‘wear and tear’ by using chair mats. Click here to view some.
Chairlin Ergonomic Office Chairs Mesh Task Chair With Lumbar Support Black
- Ergonomic designed offering the best sitting experience,keeping your spine properly aligned to reduce back pain.
- The backrest height can be adjusted according to the users' needs to ensure excellent support and comfort.
Setting up your Computer Chair
You have now purchased your chair and it has arrived at your home. It is now time for you to set it up! Do not be afraid to experiment with the various features of the chair.
First and foremost, you should read all the instructions that will come with it.
Sitting in the Computer Chair:
- Your legs and your back should be at a 90-degree angle.
- Your seat pan should extend about 1 inch on either side of your legs and should not cause any significant pressure to the back of your knees.
- Your weight should be evenly distributed and your buttocks, your hips and your knees should be at about a 90-degree or 'L' angle.
- The surface of the computer chair seat should be flat.
- Always sit with your knees lower than your hips.
- Always try to slightly recline the computer chair since reclining will ease pressure off your lower back.
Adjusting the Computer Chair:
To ensure correct posture, your chair height must be adjusted to fit you.
- Put your chair at its highest level. Sit and then lower the chair seat until your thighs fit comfortably under the desk.
- Remember that the entire sole of your feet must rest flat on the ground without applying pressure to the back of your knees
- Use a footrest if attempts to adjust your chair and the rest of your work area do not keep your feet flat on the floor.
- You should ensure that the back of your chair is adjusted to provide comfortable lower back support.
- Make all the necessary adjustments to the seat pan while you are sitting.
- If there is a recline lock on the computer chair, you should ensure that it is set to a comfortable position for you. It is recommended that it should be adjusted to 100 to 110 degrees reclined angle.
- Try to adjust the armrests of the chair to the most comfortable position. It is recommended that armrests should only be used to rest the palms of your hands when you are not typing.
Foot Hammock Under Desk - Adjustable Desk Foot Rest Hammock
- Under the Desk Hammock for feet suitable for all desk types.
- Designed to increase your comfort and help you relax.
- Extra comfortable and easy to install.
- Ultra stable and can be mounted on any type of desk with open or closed sides.
- Using our under desk foot rest can prevent back pain, poor blood circulation, swollen feet (common among pregnant women), acute fatigue and other disorders caused by the body's inability to relax.
- No matter what type of desk you have, the installation of this DIY office foot rest is simple and fast.
If you followed my Guide, you should be able to find an adjustable ergonomically designed computer chair that will work for you.
Choosing a good chair is so very important since it will help to reduce fatigue and other health-related problems that can occur if you use the wrong chair. Click here to learn more about Computer Ergonomics.
Click here to view some Cheap Computer Chairs.
Click here to view my Cheap Computer Desk Guide.
and look at my BEST Online Cheap Computer Retailers' Guide. This guide allows you to visit a number of the BEST online Cheap Computer Retailers.
If you would like to learn to Build Your Own Cheap Computer, Browse Here for all the steps in the tutorial
Return from Computer Chair to Cheap Computer Home Page