Selecting a Cheap Computer Case
Selecting a cheap computer case can be overwhelming since there is such a wide variety available. Click here to view some cases.
A computer case houses all the main components of the computer system. The case is also called the chassis.
After deciding on what type of computer system you intend to build, choosing the right case is extremely important.
The Desktop and the Tower are the two main basic designs of the computer case.
The desktop design lost popularity but, today, it is regaining its popularity through the introduction of home theater PCs (HTPC).
You can use the desktop case if you want your computer to be on top of your desk. The monitor could then be placed on top of it to save some space.
The disadvantage of this computer case is that it does not have enough drive bays and interior space for major upgrades.
The tower is the most popular computer case today. It comes in three basic sizes - the micro, mid and full.
The micro sized cheap computer case can be conveniently placed on top of a desk. This case can hold a microATX or miniITX motherboard but due to its limited internal volume, it is not suitable for upgrading.
Thermaltake Core V1 SPCC Mini ITX Cube Gaming Computer Case Chassis
- Small Form Factor Builds.
- Supports Mini ITX Motherboard.
- 2x USB 3.0, 1x Headphone, 1x Mic Front Ports, Internal Bay: 2x 3.5", 2x 2.5" 1 x 200mm fan, 2 x 80mm turbo fans (optional).
- Interchangeable Side Panels: Symmetrical panels to build the system with personality.
- Adjustable I/O Panel Location. Extreme Air/Liquid Cooling Configurations Options and Dual Modular Drive Rack Design.
- Chambers Concept. Advanced Ventilation.
- Great Expansion in Compact Size : install up to 2 data storage devices. VGA with the length up to 285mm, CPU cooler with height up to 140mm, together with a high wattage PSU of length up to 200mm.
- 3 year warranty.
- Handy I/O Ports.
Click here to view the Thermaltake Core VI SPCC Mini ITX Cheap Computer Case.
This is the most popular size and is an excellent choice for all computer users whether for business or personal use. The mid-tower has plenty of space for upgrading.
Corsair Carbide 270R Mid-Tower Computer Case, Window Side Panel
- Builders-friendly internal layout: simple and intuitive internal layout enables quick and Easy building.
- Versatile cooling options: room for up to 360mm radiator in front, 240mm radiator in the top, and 120mm radiator in the rear.
- Expansive storage space: rugged steel Drive trays provide ample room for multiple drives.
- Clean and minimalist exterior design: unobstructed panels deliver an understated Look.
- Built-in cable routing: cable routing compartments enable effortlessly clean builds.
Click here to view the Corsair Carbide 270R Mid-Tower Case.
This is an excellent choice to be used as a server or for gaming. Because of its size, it requires more space for installation but allows easier access for installing and removing internal components. It has a very large amount of space for upgrading.
Thermaltake View 71 RGB 4-Sided Tempered Glass Vertical GPU Modular E-ATX Gaming Full Tower Computer Case
- Supports Mini ITX, Micro ATX, ATX, E-ATX Motherboard.
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, 1x Headphone, 1x Mic Ports.
- 4-Sided 5mm Thick Tempered Glass Panels with Swing Door Windows.
- 4 Accessible 3.5” or 2.5” with HDD Rack + 3 x 3.5” or 6 x 2.5” with HDD Tray Drive Bays.
- Vertical Radiator Viewing with Floating GPU Mounting.
- AIO / DIY Liquid Cooling Capable. 140mm Riing RGB Fan x 3 Pre-installed.
- 3 Year Warranty.
Click here to view the Thermaltake View 71 RGB Computer Case.
Buying a Cheap Computer Case - What to look out for:
Your cheap computer case should be:
- Well designed.
- Have adequate cooling capabilities.
- Portray your personality.
Click here to read about the functions of the computer case.
If you would like to learn to Build Your Own Cheap Computer
using cheap computer parts click here.
Return from Selecting a Cheap Computer Case to
Cheap Computer Homepage