Should you build your own or buy a pre-built cheap computer system?
Your best computer can be self-built (build your own) or pre-built. The motherboard, memory and processor are the main parts that distinguish one computer system from another.
It is the quality of the parts that are used in a system that will establish its performance.
PC users are looking for computers (whether building their own or pre-built) that will perform well. You can click here
and here to view a variety of cheap computer systems
What is the difference between a self-built and pre-built computer?
Listed below are the advantages and disadvantages of a self-built and a pre-built cheap computer system:
- Lack of technical support.
- Parts used in building comes from various manufacturers and can be inconvenient for replacements.
- Cost can sometimes be more than a pre-built computer.
- Warranty from the computer manufacturer.
- Technical support from the retailer/manufacturer.
- Most times cheaper than self-built.
- Can get a complete system which includes a monitor, keyboard, etc. (Ready right out of the box).
You can click here to look at computer systems.
- Upgrading can be difficult or impossible.
- Unsure of integrity of components.
- Replacement of OEM parts can be expensive.
- Requires proprietary components which may be obsolete.
- Warranties are void if you open the case or interfere with any of the parts.
Summary - Your Best Cheap Computer
- Build or Buy?
Having discussed the pros and cons of buying vs. building your own cheap computer, the choice is still yours to make. But, in my humble opinion (IMHO), building is the way to go!
If you would like to learn to Build Your Own Cheap Computer using cheap compuer parts, browse here for a free step by step tutorial
Return from My Best Computer page to Cheap Computer Homepage