The Jamaican Culture Blog
Created by the Cheap Computers Guy
The Jamaican Culture Blog
has been created by the Cheap Computers
guy to provide information on various aspects of the Jamaican Culture.
I have been providing information on cheap computers through this Web site.
I have now created a Blog at http://jamaican-culture.blogspot.com which will provide information on The Jamaican Culture. Click here to read my Jamaican Culture Blog.
I felt that although you came to my cheap computers Web site looking for information relating to cheap computers and other related items such as computer peripherals and accessories, you just might be interested in learning something about a culture that is rich and unique. That is... The Jamaican Culture.
What is a blog?
A Blog is the short for a Weblog and is a journal which is available on the Internet.
The person who keeps a blog is a 'Blogger'. Blogs usually represent the personal thoughts of the 'Blogger'.
What is a Feed?
A feed is web content that is updated frequently. To subscribe to a Web site feed, you must use a Feed Reader.
A Blog Feed is a page which is written in an XML format and is read by using a Feed Reader which allows users to subscribe to feeds from various sources including bloggers from around the world.
Most Web sites support both the RSS and Atom feed formats.
I will be posting articles to my Jamaican Culture Blog on Jamaica's History, our people, our National Heroes, our National Anthem and Pledge, our Religion, our National Awards, our National Symbols and our food.
Jamaica is a very beautiful tropical Island in the West Indies and is surrounded by the Caribbean sea.
You will simply love our dialect, you will absolutely love our sumptuous food and ... our music ....what can I say? ... it is the very best!
If you would like to subscribe to my Jamaican Culture Blog, let's get started......
You can download a free Feed Reader software or, if you do not want to download software, Click here for an alternative.
There are many different readers available but I recommend the following readers:
For Windows Users - RssReader:
For Mac Users - NetNewsWire:
Once you have downloaded a reader, you will need to do the following:
1) ) Right-click on the orange XML button shown below (control+click for Mac users) to subscribe to the Cheap Computers Guy's The Jamaican Culture blog feed. Start by clicking on the orange button below.
Right-click here to subscribe to The Jamaican Culture feed
2)Select Copy Shortcut (see diagram to the right) OR 'Copy Link to Clipboard' (for Mac users) and then paste the URL in your reader.
That's it! You're now subscribed and ready to receive 'The Jamaican Culture' Blog feed!
Don't want to download new software?
If you do not want to download new software and you have an account at Yahoo! or MSN (or both!), you can
read your Jamaican Culture feed through them. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for one with either (or both!) of them.
For My Yahoo!
1) Create an account with 'My Yahoo! if you do not already have one. Click here to go to My Yahoo! to create an account. That page will open in a new window.
(After opening the account, close the Yahoo! browser and return to this page to continue to Step 2 below...)
2) With your newly created or existing 'My Yahoo!' account, just click on your 'My Yahoo' link below to add the Cheap Computers guy's The Jamaican Culture blog feed to your 'My Yahoo' page. 'My Yahoo!' has a great, one-step solution....
Click here to add The Jamaican Culture Blog to your 'My Yahoo!' page
3) Sign into My Yahoo!.
4) Click ADD to add 'The Jamaican Culture' to your My Yahoo! page.
5) Click 'Go to My Yahoo!'
6) Click EDIT to organize the content of The Jamaican Culture Blog feed.
For My MSN
1) Create an account with MSN if you do not already have one. Click here to go to 'My MSN' to create an account.. That page will open into a new window.
(After opening the account, close the MSN browser and return to this page...)
2) With your newly created or existing 'My MSN' account, just click on your 'My MSN' link below to add the Cheap Computers guy's Jamaican Culture blog to your 'My MSN' page.
MSN also has a great, one-step solution.....
Click here to add The Jamaican Culture Blog to your 'My MSN' page.
3) Sign into My MSN.
4) Click the check box with 'The Jamaican Culture' and then click OK.
5) When you see the The Jamaican Culture blog feed on your My MSN page, you can click Change Details to organize content from your new feed.
1) Create an account with Google if you do not already have one. Click here to go to Google to create an account.. That page will open into a new window.
(After opening the account, close the Google browser and return to this page...)
2) With your newly created or existing Google account, just click on the Google link below to add the Cheap Computers guy's Jamaican Culture blog to your Google page.
Google also has a great, one-step solution.....
Click here to add The Jamaican Culture Blog to your Google page.
I do hope that you will enjoy reading The Jamaican Culture blog feed.
If you would also like to subscribe to my Cheap Computers feed and learn about What is RSS?, you can do so by clicking here.
Click here to learn to build your own cheap computer
using cheap computer parts
Return from The Jamaican Culture Blog to Cheap Computer Home Page