Selecting a Cheap Computer Desk
Choosing a cheap Computer Desk that is right for you is very important.
You should choose one to suit the size of the area where it will be installed.
Check out some cheap computer desks here.
You should not use a standard office desk as a computer desk.
A desk that would normally be an ideal height for pen and paper writing will often be too high and uncomfortable to use for typing on a computer keyboard or looking at a computer monitor.
You can browse a range of cheap computer desks here.
Click here to read about Computer Ergonomics.
The information being presented on this page is to:
- Assist you in selecting a desk that is right for you.
- Present tips for an ergonomically designed desk/workstation.
Selecting your cheap computer desk
When making your desk selection, you should check for the following:
- Ample desktop space to place your monitor and printer.
- Separate shelf for storing the computer.
- Shelves for storing files, documents, books, CDs, etc.
- Ample storage space for storing printer paper, etc.
- A slide-out keyboard tray.
You need a comfortable computer desk
Because I use my computer a lot, I need to have a very comfortable and ergonomic workstation.
It should have lots of desktop space to allow easy access to your documents.
Compact Computer Desk Cart(Graphite Color):
Do you have a brand new computer system, along with a top-notch printer, but nowhere that seems adequately suitable to place them? This desk is ideal for small spaces - dorms, studio apartments or children's rooms.
Monitor/printer shelf adjusts to center, left, or right. Includes side vertical CD rack holder with large bottom panel to accommodate CPU and accessories.
Comes with large double-wheel non-marking locking casters and includes a side drawer, pullout keyboard, CPU bottom shelf and large open work area.
Elevated monitor and printer shelf. Ready to assemble.
Comes with a 5-year manufacturer's limited warranty. Click here for this Graphite Streamline Computer Desk.
Woodgrain Streamline Computer Station Desk:
- Compact, clean lines and modern design make this computer desk stylish and versatile.
- MDF woodgrain panels with powder coated steel frame.
- Includes a side drawer, pullout keyboard and CPU bottom shelf.
- Large open work area with elevated monitor and printer shelf.
- Ready to assemble with 5-year manufacturer's limited warranty.
Click here to view this woodgrain streamline computer station desk.
If you will not be using your Computer frequently, then you could get a more compact type of desk for your computer; but, if you plan to be using your computer a lot, then you should try to get a larger desk. You can browse a range of cheap computer desks here
Ergonomics and your work area - Your desk
Ergonomics is the science of adjusting your work environment to fit your body and to make it as comfortable as possible.
Choosing computer furniture that is ergonomically designed is extremely important for your health.
If you are unable to sit comfortably with your wrists in a neutral position, you should pick a different computer desk.
Listed below are some tips that are recommended to help you organize your desk and enable you to work comfortably:
- Organize your desktop so that items that you use frequently are closer to you for easy access.
- Avoid cluttering under your computer desk so as to be able to comfortably accommodate your legs and allow for stretching.
- If you have a desk lamp, you should position it so that it puts light on your documents without causing problems with glare on your computer screen or affecting your eyes.
- If you are right-handed, place the phone to your left and if you are left-handed, place the phone to your right.
- Use a document holder to secure the document that you are reading from while typing. This will result in more desktop space and will also be particularly useful for you to be able to re-focus when looking back from the screen to your document.
Having an ergonomically designed work area is so very important since it will help to reduce fatigue and other health-related problems that can occur if you use the wrong computer desk. Check out some cheap computer desks here.
Click here for my Cheap Computer Chair Guide.
If you would like to learn how to Build Your Own Cheap Computer, browse here for all the steps in the tutorial
and look at my BEST Online Cheap Computer Retailers' Guide. This guide allows you to visit a number of the BEST online Cheap Computer Retailers.
Return from Cheap Computer Desk to Cheap Computer Home Page